Saturday, February 15, 2014

HOLY CROW.

source: jasminestarblog

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I haven't posted in over a month, but let's get right into it!

 I have royally screwed up my spending strike and it was all San Diego's fault. Of course, I loved seeing my family and friends and had a grand 'ole time, but did I really need to spend nearly $300 while I was there? I don't normally spend $300 in any given week! I ate at too many restaurants and shopped until I dropped. I granted myself some spending money to eat out occasionally, but I told myself I wouldn't do any frivolous shopping. It all started because I forgot my running shoes. I wanted to buy a pair because I wanted to work out. I bought a pair at TJ Maxx. Did I work out? No. It's kind of funny. Along with the running shoes, I bought a sweater that I ended up returning because I felt guilty about buying it. I was going to return the shoes, too, but convinced myself that I was eventually going to buy shoes anyway. And then I just spent and spent and spent.

I wanted to get back on track when I came back home, but it hasn't worked out so well. I just lost sight of it all. And then I got my tax return but I have to save half of it for my trip to San Diego in July. I've already overspent for the month of February by $145. I haven't added any extra money to my credit cards at all.

I really want this to be successful. I just have to try harder. It worked out well in the beginning of January because I thought about it constantly. Doesn't sound like much of a strategy, but if it works, it works! I must remember: I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED.

On a positive note, my trip to San Diego was wonderful and I am so excited to go back in July. My nephew is the cutest red-headed little babe in town and I miss him like crazy every day! I hung out with my best friend and got to be present for bridesmaid dress shopping and we watched Frozen and I loved it! I ate at delicious restaurants, although was very surprised at how difficult it was in finding vegan options. Most restaurants that offered vegan food were asian-inspired. I just wanted some pancakes for brunch one day but settled on a HUGE breakfast burrito with tofu. I was very happy to find a place (Paradise Yogurt) serving vegan soft serve ice cream! Before I was vegan, I LOVED vanilla soft serve with rainbow sprinkles, so it was a treat to have.

Alrighty. So, I've been back in town for 2 weeks and need to get back on track! I'll return on Monday with a few modifications to my spending strike to hopefully make it more manageable. Happy weekend everyone!

xoxo, Jessica

No comments :

Post a Comment