Monday, February 17, 2014

MODIFICATIONS.

source: strivingonward
I said I'd come back on Monday with a few modifications for my spending strike. Granted, it's 10 PM on Monday night, but it still counts, right?

When I came back from San Diego, I realized I had to re-evaluate a few things. I want 2014 to be a good, fun year, but I also want to be successful at paying off my debts.

Here are a few things I will try to do differently:

1. Allot $20 a paycheck to my "fun" money budget. This will be used for movies, dinner, etc. It doesn't seem like much, but I'd try to refrain from using it. Just because I have $40 in my "fun" money doesn't mean I have to use it. It doesn't seem fair for Matt to buy me movie tickets all the time and pay for my dinner.

2. Try to save $10 a paycheck for my trip to San Diego in July. If possible, I'd like to put a bit more away. If I save $10 a check right now, I'll have about $100 to take with me. Not bad, but a little extra would be a nice cushion. And I'll definitely be bringing my spending money in cash form because it's too easy to shop and swipe (my debit card).

3. Try couponing? I'm not sure this will work for me, but I'll have to look into it. Grocery shopping is already such a chore, but I know it's where we need a lot of work. Typically, we meal plan by figuring out what we want to eat that week but maybe I'll try seeing what's on sale at the grocery stores and work around that. This part may take some time.

4. Take it day by day. I get too anxious thinking about money and I shouldn't. I always think that if I just had more of it, things would be okay. I need to accept what I have and take responsibility for the position I'm in.

I feel like I had more to add, but I've been at work for nearly 14 hours and I am beat. I'll be back again with a post about my trip to San Diego (even though it seems like old news). G'nite!

xoxo, Jessica

No comments :

Post a Comment