Wednesday, January 1, 2014

DAY 1: SO FAR SO GOOD.

source: blog.mintsider.com

It's almost 4:30 PM on the east coast and so far I have not spent a single penny! It also helps a bunch that I haven't stepped foot outside of my apartment and that I don't have any money to spend. The real test will be when I get paid next week.
Matt & I had a very low-key new year. We went to see The Hobbit movie and crashed on the couch afterwards. Party animals.

My spending strike success might be a slow start. I'm predicting that I won't save as much as I anticipate, but at least I do believe there will be some success in the end. I have approximately $10,000 in credit card debt (nearly $100k in student loans...which I hope to tackle before I die). This spending strike is set to conclude at the end of 2014 and if I want to achieve my goal, I'd have to save an average of $850 a month. I can already tell you that is not realistic, BUT, I'll still try my darn best!

This month I will be flying to San Diego to visit my baby nephew for the first time. I don't plan to spend money shopping, but I'm going to allow myself money for food only. Food is definitely on my needs list. I'll be buying my own groceries while I'm there (can't really mooch off the parents since I'm vegan and they're not) and will probably go out to eat a couple of times.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year!

No comments :

Post a Comment