Saturday, December 28, 2013

HERE I GO.

source: unknown

I have decided to commit myself to a spending fast during 2014.

I was inspired by Anna over at andthenwesaved. I heard about her a while back and thought, "Hm...sounds interesting. I should probably give it a shot...nah, that chick is crazy."

But, here I am, actually committing to it this time.

During 2014, I will be spending money on necessities only to try and pay down my debt. I'll focus on my credit card debt for the time being since my student loans are deferred while I'm still in school.

If you're interested in learning more about the spending fast, check out Anna's site.

I wouldn't say I have an out-of-control spending habit, but when I look back through my budget (I use YNAB) and realize I spent $1,000+ in my "spending money" category in 6 months, it definitely makes me put on the brakes.

Maybe I'm crazy for wanting to do this. I haven't really thought about my consequences but that is only because the reward is so worth it! Being debt free? Who doesn't want that?!

I decided to document my spending strike journey to keep myself accountable. I am totally aware that this will suck and possibly be embarrassing, but I'm really looking forward to the ride!

No comments :

Post a Comment